6.28.2009

fun at the beach

I tried to make a bubbleshare album for my beach pictures since I have like 50 of them (at least), but for some reason, it won't work!  It spent 30 minutes "uploading", then it tells me that only 5 of them uploaded and there is an error with the rest.  Frustrating!!!  Then, it took about 3 days to upload these pictures on here, so that's why it took so long.  Finally, here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip.

We spent a wonderful weekend at the beach with our friends Caleb, Laura & Grace Elizabeth Robinson.  They moved to Holden Beach a couple of months ago.  We had such a wonderful time and were showered with hospitality, as always.  We arrived Friday evening around 7:30, and got to stay until Monday afternoon! We spent two afternoons on the beach, and the kids did great.  I think Laura and I would both agree that while it is exhausting to take three kids and all their stuff (and ours) to the beach, it was worth it to see how much fun they had.  Anderson and Grace Elizabeth even took naps on the beach, which was great.  It was tiring trying to keep the babies from eating sand and putting every little thing in their mouths! :)  We went out to eat once, and cooked yummy meals the rest of the time.  We celebrated Father's Day by making a dirt cake in a sand bucket.  Laura and I thought it was the most "masculine" dessert we could make. :)  My camera died (of course) way before I was done taking pictures, so you will have the refer to The Robinson's blog to see the pictures of us together.  All I have is pictures of the kids (of course!). :)  Thank you guys so much for having us.  We had a blast!!!!


Anderson wanted to crawl, crawl, crawl the entire time!  
He was so proud of the seaweed that he found.  Grace Elizabeth was enjoying Anderson's sheep!
I love this picture of Camden.  It truly shows the fun he had playing in the waves!
Except when this happens... not so much fun.  While coughing, "I swallowed the water!!!" 

Here is the picture of Anderson and Grace Elizabeth passed out under the tent.  I had to get a picture of this because 1) they are so darn cute, and 2) Anderson NEVER falls asleep when we are out (sometimes in the car he will), so I had to get a picture to document it.  He must have really been wiped out, beause as soon as that pacifier got in his mouth, his eyes shut.

Love my cute little beach boy!  Camden is at such a fun age for the beach.
David and Caleb spent who knows how long making this sand sculpture.  When we asked them what it was, they said they didn't know.  It's abstract. :)  Laura and I laughed so hard when we were out in the water playing, and looked up on the sand and both men were on their hands and knees building this.  Kids at heart! :)
Of course, we had to get the babies clean after a long day at the beach.  They had so much fun playing together in the tub.  Look at Grace Elizabeth's farmer's tan!  You can tell she lives at the beach!! 
I thought this was one of the cutest things I had ever seen.  It was SO cute to watch them ride in the wagon on the walk to the beach.  
This picture looks like the boys are having fun playing in the sand together, right?  Well, if it had sound, you'd be able to hear Camden saying, "Nooooo!  Stop touching my sand pile!!!"  Brotherly love. :)
Anderson wanted to help Daddy dig a giant hole.  

I figured out on day 2 that putting his paci in his mouth would prevent him from constantly putting sand and shells in his mouth.  Um, HELLO! Life was SO much easier.  If only I had figured that out on day 1! 

Can't wait to go to the beach again.  Robinsons, we'll see you in a couple of months! :)

5 comments:

becca Simmons said...

I, as a dedicated Brown - blog - visitor, appreciate the effort to get these sooo cote pictures up!

Caleb Robinson said...

Yay! I have been checking your blog like 3 times a day for these pictures. Adorable!
We had an absolute blast with y'all and can't wait to see you all soon.

Laura Robinson said...

oops! I didn't realize I was signed into Caleb's email when I wrote that last post, so that nc christian architect is his profile name, not a creepy stranger :)

Jenn & David said...

sooo much fun! I am glad you guys had a great time!

Tracey said...

What sweet pictures! I love the sleeping babies..you'll have to keep up with that one, just in case Anderson and Grace Elizabeth get married, then you can show it at the reception! Oh, the fun times with little ones at the beach...it gets sooo much easier!