Sometimes I go through ups and downs with my blog where I'll be great at posting regularly, then I'll be a huge slacker for a while. Well as you can see, I'm in the middle of one of those slacker times. So sorry. One reason I get lazy is because our computer can be so slow sometimes, that it takes FOREVER to upload pictures, and half of the time I try to upload them and then lose our internet connection, and I have to start the whole process over again. That is when I often give up and decide to try again another time. So, in my defense, I DO try to keep up with the blog as often as possible. So what's up with us? Here are a few highlights:
- Most of you probably already know this by now, but my parents moved back to Raleigh and we are just thrilled! (They had been gone for 2.5 years and are now back here doing real estate for Fonville Morisey. If you or anyone you know needs a good realtor... you know who to call!) :)
- Camden is enjoying his summer a lot... staying busy with school (M,W,F), the pool, and birthday parties. (we will have been to 5 by the end of this month!) The summer session Camden is in at school right now is so much fun... they are doing a camping theme and doing all kinds of things like having picnics, "hiking" on nearby trails, eating marshmallows in tents, and learning all about bugs and other creatures you find while camping. He absolutely LOVES it! He is also learning to swim so well and never wears him arm floats anymore. I am so proud of him.
- Anderson is a busy busy bee, as usual. No signs of him getting close to walking yet, though. He will cruise all around the coffee table and all along the couch, and will even hold on with just one hand sometimes, but never lets go completely or tries to take steps. I doubt it will take long, however. Anderson's new thing now is REFUSING to eat anything other than Cheerios. Seriously. He will not eat baby food anymore... he turns his head, pushes away the spoon, and spits it out if I do manage to get it in his mouth. I have no idea why this is happening. The only thought I had was that maybe he's showing me that he's ready for finger foods, so I tried it. Nope, he just ends up spitting that out as well. We go for his 9-month checkup next week, so I'm going to be sure to ask the doc what on earth is going on with him! He has four teeth, and it's just the cutest thing ever when he smiles and shows those pearly whites!
- I had a birthday at the end of June, and David is getting ready to have one in a couple of weeks. I went out to dinner with some of my favorite girls for my birthday, and it was so nice to get out and enjoy some adult time for a little while! Right now David and I are in the midst of planning a trip to California to visit my sister, Bonnie, for a few days. We are going for 4-5 days, just the two of us, and are THRILLED beyond words! We are heading to Texas in November to visit Nana & Pops, and are very excited about that as well! It will be Anderson's first time on an airplane... oh boy. :)
I had to grab my camera when I looked down while loading the dishwasher and saw this little guy like this!!! By the time I had gotten my camera, he was frustrated because he was "stuck" and didn't know how to get down!
This is one of my favorite pictures of my boys. I just think they both look sooo sweeeet!
My silly child, wearing my glasses. He's such a goof ball.
So, do you all forgive me for my slacking?? :)
3 comments:
Totally forgiven, especially after that nice long update :) is Anderson getting in to everything these days? Leiana is big into exploring EVERYTHING... and eating it... and then gagging on it... particularly: toilet paper, kleenex, lint (I need to vacuum more often), the corners of the covers on phone books (no joke!), and anything paper that is accidentally lying around! When are you going to Cali?
Mom's with two children under 4 are not slackers. Love the pictures. So glad your parents are back home. And...excited for you on your trip w/o kids!
What a great update! :)
Post a Comment