I know, I know. Total blog slacker over here! But, in my defense, I just got over the worst cold I've had in years. It was awful! It was a weird mix of things... sore throat, headaches, coughing, and terrible nausea. Never really a fever though. I know it wasn't the flu... and no, it's not morning sickness. ;) I felt terrible for about 5 days, but thanks to my hubby and some good friends, the kids were taken care of and I survived. My to-do list certainly didn't get any shorter while I was sick, however. A week and a half before Christmas is not a great time to be out of commission!
With that said, I have taken about ten pictures in the last 2 weeks. Here are just a couple of random ones...
Would you LOOK at the cutest tree shirt ever?!
Thanks to my friend Jen, who kindly passed it along to me. We met for lunch last week (sans kids - it was wonderful!) and had a great time catching up. Great conversation with an old friend + new tree skirt = happy me! Thanks Jen! (Oh, and since this was taken I have added a few wrapped presents under the tree. Go me! That rhymed.)
Anderson may have watched a little more TV than normal with me being sick. I personally loved his decision to watch the show in the Bumbo with the fire hat. Very cool, buddy.
My boys are such boys. All the time. I was in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner the other night and I heard all sorts of crazy sounds. This is what I found...
The kids were jumping on David's back as hard as they could. I think he thought it would feel good, but he said their little feet just kept poking in between his ribs. You probably can't see it like I can, but his face cracks. me. up. It goes right along with the "ow! ow! ow! ow!" I heard after every single jump. Boys...
Today was not a school day for Anderson, but all the kids and moms were invited to come to school at noon for a time of Christmas songs and cookies. Anderson was being very shy and reserved at first, but then ran over to sit with his sweet teachers for the entire thing. I L.O.V.E. these ladies... they are just as sweet as can be!
Cookies and pretzels! I took him home right afterward to put him down for his nap and it took him f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to fall asleep. Cookies and lots of fun at school... not the best pre-nap combination I suppose!
If I don't get to post again before we leave for TX next Tuesday (which I probably won't, and you'd probably agree), then I'll try to put up our pictures from the trip as soon as possible after we get back. :)
2 comments:
Always love your blog! Safe travels and Merry Christmas!
I think everyone would agree that we need a video of the boys jumping on David's back :-) how hilarious! That's pretty close to what a Thai massage feels like haha
Post a Comment