I LOVE having boys. To be honest, I am liking it now more than I ever thought I would. I always envisioned myself with at least one daughter (hey, I suppose it could still happen), and when God blessed us with one son, and then another... I was shocked! But it has been so wonderful.
Boys are so FUN. They are wild, crazy, hilarious, sweet, loving, smart, and just plain adorable. I love how they are little miniature men. I love how they play with cars and love to get dirty. I love how they play with tools and build towers with blocks. I melt into a complete puddle when my little men kiss me on the cheek and when Camden tells me I'm beautiful and asks me to be his Valentine. It does something amazing to my heart.
I'm so thankful my boys have a wonderful daddy to watch as they grow up. David is so helpful around the house... helps me clean up after supper, takes out the trash, brings in groceries, fixes things. I hope my sons will be helpful to their wives one day. I know that the training needs to start early in their lives... and it's our responsibility to teach them in that way.
I also love that my boys have an automatic friend for life. They are brothers. Family. They share the same flesh and blood. I hope these boys stay in touch and are close in their adulthood. My heart is so overjoyed when I see the two of them enjoying each other's presence and embracing their brotherhood.
Yesterday we went to a local indoor park. What a great thing for the middle of winter! :) There was a little boy there that I recognized from Camden's preschool. He is probably about 3. This little boy was following Anderson around, and he would knock Anderson over on purpose, push him down, step on his fingers, and pull his hair. The thing is, he would do this in a very sneaky way, so no one would see him do it. I kept having to go over and make sure Anderson was ok and ask the little boy to please quit doing that. His mother was across the room chatting with her friends, not watching what her little one was doing. Well let me tell you... when Camden realized what was going on, he would not leave Anderson's side! When that little boy came over to Anderson again, Camden gave him a stern look in the eye, as if to say "don't even think about messing with my brother". I cannot even begin to tell you how I think my heart grew about 10 times in size when I saw Camden being protective over his little brother. Oh, how I love these boys.
4 comments:
oh Ashley, what a sweet story of how Cam is always looking out for Anderson!! You truly have 2 wonderful boys!!
I finished with tears in my eyes. You know that is the kind of story that made me want a big brother for my children. I know God knew what he was doing giving me Anna-Kate first, but that is exactly why big brothers are so wonderful!
you have such sweet boys! camden was so cute gettin his hair cut today! it was so good to see you and so random!!! hope you guys have a great weekend.
Camden is a great Big Brother and you are great parents!
Post a Comment