1.12.2011

icy day

We woke up Tuesday morning to quite a bit of ice, so school was cancelled (in Wake County, that's never a surprise!). David had a bit of a head cold, so he decided it would be a good day to stay home and rest, especially since it was so icy outside and it would be tricky to get to work anyway.

So, we prepared for a day at home, which of course means sweatpants, socks, and sweatshirts. We kept ourselves busy at home all morning until nap time, which hubby and I fully embraced. :) We crashed on the couch and watched a movie while the kids were upstairs. And ate chocolate pie.

Earlier that morning, our good friends and neighbors Joel and Gwen asked us if we wanted to get together since we were all stuck at home. We quickly accepted knowing it would be a good "something different" to do. We headed over to their house where we tag-teamed dinner. The kids played, watched a movie, and had so much fun. So did the adults! Thanks for having us over, guys!!

I didn't get hardly any pictures during the day, but I had to share these two sweet pictures...

I ran for my camera when I saw the boys doing this. David's face makes me laugh. I don't think he was terribly comfortable, plus he was stuffed up and headache-y. He was a good sport though. :)

Poor hubby with his box of tissues. My kids must have inherited my "addicted to back-scratching" gene, because if you start scratching their backs, they will just turn into putty. I love it! Anderson crawled up into his daddy's lap and David got him to stay there a good while because he scratched his back. Anderson hardly stays in one place for very long. This picture melts my heart!

As pretty as snow and ice can be, I think I am officially ready for spring. Minus the allergies. :)

No comments: