11.26.2011

7 weeks

Evelyn is 7 weeks old! She's really growing and starting to show us little glimpses of her personality! It has been SO fun having a girl... and even after 7 weeks we occasionally still marvel at the fact that she is actually a girl. :) I haven't done much of it, but shopping for a little girl is SO MUCH FUN! It's a good thing I don't have a lot of money, or I'd be in serious trouble.

Here's what Evie is up to at 7 weeks:

Eating:
She is eating 6 ounces, every 3 hours. Sometimes she will go 2.5 hours, other times she will go 3.5 hours, but normally I try to keep it right at 3. One of the perks of bottle feeding is that I know how much she's getting each time she eats. It also works out really well with our busy schedule. I feel like I sometimes feed her out and about as much as I do at home!

Sleeping:
She is sleeping through the night!!!! I could not be happier about this. I will be completely honest and admit that waking up in the middle night is my very least favorite thing about having a baby. I am a person that needs sleep, a good amount of it, to really feel my best. I love my daughter very much, but I can love her in the daylight. :) She spent the first 6 weeks in our room, and about a week ago we switched her to her crib in her room! She can be a noisy sleeper, with her little grunts and breathing, so we thought we'd see how it went with her out of our room. Jackpot! She goes down fairly easily and I think only twice in the last week have I gone into her room to give her a paci in the middle of the night. Most days, she does to bed and I don't hear a peep until 7 in the morning. Her typical schedule is eat, wake, sleep. She eats, and will stay awake for up to an hour and a half before she crashes until her next feeding. If she's not awake by the time of her next feeding, I will always wake her up. I love the predictability of knowing what time she will eat everyday. Her eating schedule is 7:30am, 10:30, 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 and 10:30pm. I had to tweak it to match up with the boys' school schedules (getting the boys to and from school).

Personality:
Evie really is an easy baby. She has a fussy period at night but other than that... she's pretty predictable and pleasant! She has started to smile a lot, and even has started showing us some little gurgling sounds when we talk to her. Its so sweet to see how she's already trying to communicate. I love her being so tiny, but I also look forward to the next few months when her personality will really blossom.

Some pictures from the last week or so...

























Love this sweet little lady!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

She is such a sweetheart. Love all the adorable outfits! Springtime will be so much fun when you can put her in flowy skirts and dresses. Yes, dressing girls is a LOT of fun!

Jenn & David said...

I still cannot get over her head full of hair. She is beautiful Ash!