2.15.2012

4 months



Evelyn, you are 4 months old!!  I LOVE this age.  I've said it before... newborn isn't my favorite age, and 3-4 months is where I really start to enjoy my babies.  We're both getting sleep, we are on a solid schedule, there's giggling and non-stop smiles... what could be better?!  



This baby is SUCH a joy.  She is the easiest baby.  We have really been blessed with easy ones... her big brothers were great, by-the-book babies as well.  Evie only cries when she's hungry or sleepy, and even then, it's more of a little whine than a cry.  On the rare occaison that she has a tummy ache or a massive blow-out that needs to occur, she will let us hear her lungs... but like I said - that's pretty rare.



Evelyn is sleeping 12 hours at night!  It's amazing.  She goes the entire night without making a peep.  Since her 3-month post, we have stopped swaddling her at night.  She loved the swaddle, but if she were to become un-swaddled, it would wake her up and cause one of us to have to go in there to re-swaddle.  She would always go back to sleep immediately, but we were both tired of having to do this. So, we had to wean her.  It took her a couple nights to get used to it, but now she's golden!  Anderson went through the exact same thing, so this was common ground for us.  Evie sleeps on her side most of the time, like in the picture below.  I'm a side-sleeper, too!

She takes 3 naps a day.  Her morning nap is usually from about 9:45 or 10 to 11:45 or 12.  Her afternoon nap is about 1:45 to 3:35 (This time is so specific because I normally have to wake her up to go get Camden from school).  Her evening catnap is typically from about 6 to 6:30.




Evie is eating 8 oz. of formula every 4 hours.  She eats at 8, 12, 4, and 8.  The doctor told me we could start her on solids any time now... but I am going to wait until I think she really needs it.  She's doing just fine with the formula only, and not adding another task to my day just yet would be fine with me.



Evie got a clean bill of health at the doctor this week!  Our sweet doc said that she has absolutely no concerns.  Such a great thing to hear, and something I think I often take for granted.

at 4 months:
weight: 14 lbs. 10 oz. (75%)
height: 24.5 cm (70%)
head: 40.5 cm (40%)

Big girl!  She falls between her brothers in size... Camden was usually in the 90th percentiles when he was a baby, Anderson was usually in the 20's. :)


We love this girl.  She's such a beautiful blessing!

1 comment:

becca Simmons said...

What a beautiful girl! Need to see her soon!!