We are preparing to leave for Florida in a few days, and I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off for several days now! I had to get a head start on pool season, and had to run out to buy swimsuits, flip flops, and things like that since we'll be going to the pool and beach (!!!!!) in Florida. I fully intend to come home with a very nice tan. So, aside from the hundreds of errands I've been running, we've just been living life pretty normal around here. Here's a little of what we've been up to:
Playing with our food. This was part of Anderson's lunch. With him, its barely eating, and mostly playing. Sigh.
The boys have been enjoying popsicles almost every day! Something about the weather being warm and wearing shorts... you've just gotta have popsicles in the house.
I. am. obsessed. with this little girl in a swimsuit!!! I could EAT her up. We had to break out the swimsuits extra early. Did I mention we're going to Florida?!
We've been eating WAY too much of this goodness the last week or so. Speaking of Florida... I am going to have to wear a swimsuit. Five months after having a baby. Five months after having a baby AND after eating ice cream every day. Yippee.
This is the sweet face I get to look at four times a day when Evie gets her bottle. Did you know "they" actually say that you bond better with your baby if you breastfeed as opposed to bottle feed? Bull honky. We bond just fine. :)
Daddy and his baby girl. This was taken last Friday, the day the Wolfpack was playing (and lost, unfortunately).
Speaking of last Friday, David and I got to go on a date!! It had been forever! My sweet friend Cara and her boyfriend John graciously offered to babysit. Cara is one of the most generous people I've ever known... she offers to help so often and always brings the boys goodies when she comes. John even brought the boys some awesome Legos! The kids had a BLAST. I was a little worried that the kids would be wild and crazy and would drive John and Cara crazy, but they weren't TOO bad... and J & C took wonderful care of them.
David and I have been wanting to go over and check out the new(ish) Lafayette Village. We ate at Village Grill and sat outside... the weather was amazing! We ate, went to Homegoods to browse, walked through Fresh Market and grabbed a couple of chocolate chip cookies, then went over to North Hills and walked around while we ate our cookies and chatted. Wonderful night!
Yum!
The boys love playing games with Daddy. Mouse Trap... a classic!
Who needs toys when you've got brothers to watch?!?
Excuse the gigantic face. Evie and I were playing with my camera and taking pictures in the mirror. Love my girl!
My kids are obsessed with Angry Birds. Obsessed! We have had to set a limit to how often/long they can play each day. We used to have just one phone that they had to take turns with, but now we have two! The boys are really good at the game, too. I will be totally and honest here and say that I may or may not be slightly addicted to the game, too. :)
Evie is doing great with her cereal! I'd probably go ahead and start veggies if we weren't going out of town. I don't want to have to worry about it while we're gone, so I figured I'd just start as soon as we got back. I am really looking forward to making baby food again! I need to make a trip to the farmer's market soon. In case you're wondering, Super Baby Food is my top recommendation for baby food-making information.
This is going to be one tough girl.
Camden started baseball a couple of weeks ago. This year he is doing coach-pitch, which is basically exactly like it sounds - the coach pitches the ball to the kids. (The last two years he's done t-ball, where they hit the ball off of a tee) He's doing a really good job. It's pretty intense though... they have practice twice a week, for 2 hours at a time. I was able to go to his practice this week while David stayed home with the two little ones. It was so much fun to see him out on the field. He's so big (but looks so little on the big field!).
My friend Chelsea gave birth to her fourth child this week! Another sweet little girl. My friends Emily, Ellie and I teamed up to help take care of her three other little ones while she was in the hospital. We had a lot of fun! With all of our kids, it was quite the crowd... but all the kids are friends so they had the best time. Here's Anderson and his best buddy Levi.
Sweet Evie at the park, fighting her nap. Being the third kid, her naps are sometimes all over the place. She's a great sport about it, though.
Chelsea's first- and third-born, Eva and Gisele, playing together at the park. Little did they know they were about to have another SISTER! Sweet girls.
Mary Evelyn & Margo. Love these girls!! (Evie does too, apparently!)
The boys and I will often go to a park after school if the weather is nice. Evie always eats at 4 (school is out at 3:45), so instead of going home we will go to a park right around the corner from school so the boys can burn off some energy while I feed their sister. We almost always see friends there, too!
Umm, this hair is getting a little out of control. Poor girl. Thankfully her bald spot is slowly growing back hair, since she often sleeps on her tummy these days. It's getting a little ratty, though!
Anderson, Evie and I went to the park again today (gorgeous weather!!) and saw this sign in the bathroom. It made me giggle. I thought to myself, "man, good thing I didn't bring all my bacon grease with me to the playground so I could dump it down the drain!"
Yesterday: Anderson, Evie and I needed to run into a few stores at the mall, so I texted David and asked him if he wanted to take a break from work and walk over and have an ice cream cone with us. (He works right across the street from Crabtree!) He came, and the kids loved seeing their daddy in the middle of the day, even if it was only for 20 minutes.
Anderson has been really into cutting lately... it's great for his fine motor skills, but frustrating when I find little tiny pieces of paper all on the floor around him. Oh well... nothing a quick vacuum can't fix.
Today the kids and I met David for lunch at Qdoba (LOVE). They have an early bird special where you can eat for $3.99, drink included! I brought Anderson's lunch from home and David and I ate for cheap. I just love getting to see David during the day.
Stay tuned... next post will probably be all about our adventures in the sand and sun! Woohoo!
4 comments:
STOP doing this- I can't handle all the cuteness and also try to figure out how to NOT comment on everything. AGAIN.
a few things, though.
Anderson's faces kill me. he is so goofy, i just have to laugh all the time. but man- that picture of him on the playground, just smiling- melt. my. heart. he looks like he's never been wild a day in his life :)
i am glad to see the boys love twister :)
i'm totally loving all the new colored bows Evie is wearing. they seem to be staying in her hair just fine without the padding stuff!
i love anderson's smiley face out of cheese.
and though i'm sure many moms bond incredibly with their kids while breastfeeding... i'm with you. i nursed levi exclusively for a few weeks, but the very. first. time. i gave him a bottle my breath caught in my throat as he looked up at me and i watched him take from his bottle. something hit me so hard and that was the moment i bonded with him. i will never forget how precious that feeling was, and it didn't stop (and doesn't look like it will anytime soon with that boy :)
the grease sign killed me. hilarious!
cannot wait to see florida pictures! and most women only dream of looking like you do 5 months after giving birth, so... SHUT UP.
have fun!
A couple of things:
1)Evie is ADORABLE. Love her cute outfits and bows.
2)The picture of her hair cracked me up. Before kids, I often wondered why parents didn't do something with their baby's hair when it was crazy. Now I know it just has a mind of its own. You can only pray that it sits flat or that the bald spot fills in soon.
3)This Lafayette Village must have come after we left. It looks like Italy!
4)I wish I had some sympathy for you having to get in a bathing suit 5 months after having a baby. But...I don't :)
I think this Iphone is going to get you out of your blogging funk.
Can't wait to see Florida pictures!!! And I'm with Ashlee...no sympathy for you my dear...you look smokin'.
Wow love all the pics! We bought some popsicles over the weekend- I couldnt resist either!
Post a Comment