9.02.2013

goodbye, pool

Today marked a bittersweet day for our family... our very last day at our pool.  We're putting our house on the market this fall and are hoping to be out of here long before next summer.  We've been here in our little townhome for 4.5 years now and have spent many, many summer mornings, afternoons, and evenings at this pool.  This is where both boys learned to swim.  Such fun memories were made here.  If you know me, you know that I have a really hard time when certain chapters of life are closed.  (For example, I had a harder time when Camden ended preschool than I did when he started Kindergarten)  When good things come to an end, it's hard on me.  I was walking around snapping some pictures of the kids this morning with a big lump in my throat.  We are very eager and ready to move on to our next home, but it doesn't make it any easier to leave the memories that have been made here.



















3 comments:

Ashlee said...

I get it! We are on our third house and each move makes me sad (even though I'm really excited) when I think about the memories we made there and how something we did every day just stops all of the sudden. It's hard to explain, but I get it. Praying for a QUICK sale for you!

opaandoma said...

Sad with you to leave your home...but you will be so excited when it sells and you can move to a larger home!

PriscillaOberle said...

Such sweet pictures, Ashley! Your kids are adorable!