I just wanted to take a minute to brag on my sweet, big boy. I feel like sometimes I get so caught up in the pregnancy that I often make more posts on here about that than about him. A least once a day, I ask Camden, "how OLD are you?!?!" He just seems to be growing up at an extremely fast rate, and it's just not fair! :) Here are some things Camden is doing at 3 years and 8 months of age:
-gets completely undressed by himself
-can completely dress himself (even though sometimes it may not match if he chooses it himself!)
-puts on socks and tennis shoes
-if he's thirsty or hungry, he gets water and snacks by himself (he mastered this skill when i couldn't get off the couch with morning sickness!)
-puts movies in the DVD player
-puts together puzzles with at least 12 pieces (the real kind, not the wooden kind)
-can name almost EVERY animal on the planet (I'm serious)
-draws pictures of things that David and I can actually recognize (no longer scribbling)
-has an amazing memory (he remembers TINY details of things that happened up to a year and a half ago...for example - what he ate at a certain restaurant)
-can count backwards from 10 to 1
-if I point to a letter in the alphabet, he can tell me almost every single one (with the exception of maybe 1 or 2)
-he has begun to tell us what letter a certain word starts with (for example, he'll say "sandwich starts with S....ssssssandwich")
-he can unbuckle his seat belt and get out of the car all my himself
-uses grown-up phrases like "what in the world??" or "ohhh i get it!"
-has great manners (after years of trying to instill this in him, it's finally paying off!!)
That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's more. He amazes us every day and we are so thankful God has given us a thriving, healthy little boy. Anderson is going to have a GREAT role model, and we couldn't be happier about that! We love you Camden.
3 comments:
what a great post! he sure is a smart boy, i'm always amazed at the things you share with me about him. he has some great role models for parents, and grandparents. we love him so much, and all of you!!
we are so thankful for Camden because he brings us a joy we never new existed. Being grandparents rocks!! We are so proud of you and David and for the testimony you have lived thru your marriage and being fantastic parents. We are confident you both are ready for another round. It will be a knock-out!!!
We love you so much!
"draws pictures of things that David and I can actually recognize (no longer scribbling)"...Ask Camden if he can draw a zebra as good as David :)
And in response to your comment... no we did not want to have any pets. That would have been too much of a committment. :)
Post a Comment