8.07.2008

a great book


I found this book at the library the other day...and thought I'd get it sort of just as a joke to see what it said. Well, it has been SO great! Since I am going to be a full-time-stay-at-home mom in just about 3 weeks, I thought I'd try to get some tips. This book has so many great ideas for things to do with kids, such as all kinds of indoor and outdoor activities (things I have never even thought of), field trip ideas, and has great tips on things like cutting the cost on everyday things so that we can actually afford to live on just one income. I am only about halfway through the book, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else it has to say. The one chapter I didn't quite agree with was the discipline chapter. It talks about how to discipline the children so that staying at home won't drive you crazy. While some of the techniques make sense, the author doesn't believe spanking is effective and only has a negative impact on the kids. David and I are firm believers in spanking, so I just had to overlook this difference in opinion, and go on with her tips that I DO agree with! :) Anyway, just thought I'd pass along this book to other stay-at-home moms who might need a few ideas here and there to get through the day. And like I said, I got it from the library so it was FREE! Hey, I'm already cutting costs...woohoo!

1 comment:

Laura Robinson said...

Oh that looks great! I am going to have to go check that out too.

(even though I doubt too many of the field trip and activity ideas will be effective with a newborn)

we miss you, Caleb wants to play with David this weekend, so maybe we can all work something out!