8.08.2008

just me and camden

Today I had the day off work, and then tonight David went to a concert with a buddy from the bank. So, Cam and I had the entire day by ourselves! First we laid around this morning and were just plain lazy, then after lunch we headed to Target and the grocery store. Camden LOVES going to Target. I always go to the toy section and let him choose 4 or 5 little plastic toy animals to play with while we are there (we always put them back before we leave...he knows not to even ask to buy them!). He has so much fun playing with those animals that I can easily look around the store for a good half hour before he starts getting a little antsy. Anyway, then we went to the grocery store and as always, he's always a great helper. Of course, he is constantly suggesting things we should buy, but I always tell him we are only getting what is on my list. We go to Harris Teeter, so he loves getting a free cookie and a balloon. After all that, we came home for a little while and then headed to Ridge Road Pool, a public pool that is great for kids! There is a whole fenced in area that has a kiddie pool (about a foot deep) and several fountain-type things that spray out from the ground. You can see it in one of the pictures. Camden loves going there, and the best part is that it only cost $3.50 for us to go! That's pretty cheap entertainment if you ask me. So then I figured I'd take Camden out to dinner, and I asked him where he wanted to go. He named a few things but they were a little too expensive, so I said let's go to a place that daddy doesn't really like since he won't be with us tonight. So, he came up with Bojangles! (David likes it okay, just not enough to ever go there!) Not the healthiest place in town, but oh well. We had fun. After we ate we came home and drew some pictures until it was bedtime. I had a fun day with my little boy and I am trying to savor every moment that I have left with just him as my only child before sweet Anderson joins us. Won't be long!

Watching morning cartoons




Yummy food!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camden is so fun to hang out with, easy, cheerful, loving. Ya'll have been blessed. We all have!!! hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

Camden is so fun to hang out with, easy, cheerful, loving. Ya'll have been blessed. We all have!!! hugs and kisses!