1.11.2010

just anderson

I realized it has been a while since I've updated on my boys. Not that any of y'all are terribly interested, but more for out-of-town family and for me to look back at. I was recently reading a blog I enjoy, and the lady said she uses her blog as basically a digital scrapbook. I'd never thought about it really, but that's how I like to view mine. After all, I enjoy going back and reading posts from a year ago to see how the boys have grown and changed.

Anyway!

I wanted to record a couple of things Anderson is doing right now (14.5 months old) so I'd remember.

A few words Anderson are saying right now...
In the parenthesis is how the word actually sounds.

mama
dada/daddy (daddyyyyy)
bro bro (his nickname for camden) (bo bo)
doggie (doddie)
duck
giraffe (jaff)
ball (baw)
chicken (chi chi)
tree (chee)
apple (bapple)
cheese (chiz)
night night (na na)
peek-a-boo (dee doo)
cool (coooo)
uh oh
bye bye (die die)
car (cah)
cracker (cacker)

I'm probably forgetting some, but that's all I can think of right now. What a fun age this is when they start to talk! We all get a kick out of the things he tries to say and how they actually sound coming out of his mouth. Camden gets especially tickled by it.

Anderson also enjoys playing along with peek-a-boo, where he'll put his hands over his eyes - for like 30 seconds - and pull them away saying "dee doo!"

A new favorite game is when Camden hides and calls Anderson's name, and he'll walk around looking for big brother. When Anderson's spots him, both boys DIE laughing.

Anderson does NOT like riding in the car. I'd say he cries about 90% of the time he's riding in it. We've tried everything... toys, music, snacks... which works for about 10 seconds, then it's back to crying. After a while I start having heart palpitations because the crying stresses me out. Not good, I know! Any advice?

He still continues to refuse certain foods in his high chair, but will gladly eat them if I feed him while he's just hanging around, playing and such. I will usually put the food in a bowl, sit on the floor, and give him a bite whenever he comes over for it. He'll eat every last bite. This includes oranges, bananas, broccoli, and carrots.

I could probably think of more, but the little person I'm writing about has woken up from his hour long afternoon nap (only nap of the day!). :)



Have a great afternoon!



5 comments:

Jenn & David said...

love hearing the updates on A! Sounds like he is a real talker :).

Jenelle Leanne said...

This is by far my favorite age to date. I love the beginning of talking and the random hugs I get throughout the day.

Is Anderson facing forwards in the car yet? That helped with Leiana. Other than that, I have no advice. Leiana doesn't really like the car much either, although she will do fine if we're only getting in and out of the car up to 2 times. If I'm running errands that require a lot of in and out she will get very upset. Thankfully, she will be content most of the time if she has her sippy cup (her carseat has a cupholder... which I thought was ridiculous when we bought it but have to admit comes in pretty handy) and a board book.

becca Simmons said...

I take offense! I love these updates!!! I see Anderson all the time and I still hang on your every word. :)

Ed and Jamie said...

Hi Ashley- I feel totally crazy posting this on your blog but I need HELP! I am so frustrated right now I have been trying to change my "comments" on my blog to say something else. I have googled the steps and probably spent hours *sigh* trying to follow the steps to change it and it is not working! How did you change yours?? can you please tell me my email is ed-n-jamie@hotmail.com Thanks!

PS. Your post on Anderson is super cute and I am a total fan of the biggest loser and American Idol =)

Chelsea said...

Hey Ash!

Eva did much better in the car after we turned her around. I know what the AAP says about that, and I ALSO know exactly how you feel because I am the exact same way about the incessant crying! So its up to you. Thibault is a great car rider, faced either way. Go figure!