1.29.2010

under the weather

Camden is sick today. He woke up with a fever, a cough, and pain in his chest. I took him to the doctor earlier today because I was afraid if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to for the next few days due to the winter weather. I'm sure glad I did, because he has bronchitis! Dr. F said he was so glad I brought him in today, because in just a couple of days it would have developed into pneumonia if he had not been started on Amoxicillin. I had just mentioned a couple of days ago that I was so glad my boys have been so healthy this winter so far. I guess I should have knocked on wood, huh? I just pray Anderson doesn't end up getting it, too. It's hard to keep the two of them apart!

We've started him on the medicine and he's taking it easy today, eating popsicles and watching lots of movies. The doc said he should feel much, much better tomorrow... just in time to play in the snow!

Speaking of snow, do you think it will really happen? I'm usually skeptical, but everyone seems to be pretty confident that something pretty significant will happen this time. I went to the grocery store about 8am this morning while David stayed home with the boys (he went into work about an hour late, so I wouldn't have to take sick Camden to the store), and it was already very crowded. Our pantry and fridge were pretty bare, so I had to stock up in case we can't get out for a few days.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the snow/ice if it does end up happening. I'll be sure to get some pictures if the kids get to play in the snow! Stay warm!

2 comments:

Laura Robinson said...

We loved hanging out with Anderson today. I tried to get some cute pictures of the kids together but they were too on the move!

We stocked up last night at the store, glad we are all prepared.

Love y'all, hope Cam feels better soon

becca Simmons said...

Oh no! a sick Camden! I hate to hear that. You know what's funny....one thought I had when reading this was "Oh, you got to go to the store by yourself. That must have been nice." hahaha

Glad Cam is feeling better!