7.16.2010

a few of my favorite things

Ok, I have a few new favorite things I wanted to share with you. I am not being compensated in any way for sharing these with you. Unfortunately. ;)


Peach Tea. I wasn't too sure about it before I tried it, but it is SO good! I love that it's almost calorie free and it's mainly water. I am terrible about drinking water, so Crystal Light (and various store brands, too) have been good for me to stay hydrated. I think this Peach Tea is the perfect flavor for summer.


Bare Minerals makeup. Oh my goodness... LOVE this stuff. My mom and sister use (not sure if they still do) this and just went on and on about it. It's a little pricey, but I can justify it by saying that I use so much less of this makeup than I would regular makeup. A little bit goes such a long way, which means I buy less of it. I received a "starter kit" for my birthday last year (over a year ago) and just now had to buy some more powder. It is great at hiding blemishes... always a plus!


This might be my family's new favorite place. FreshBerry. It's a cute new frozen yogurt shop that we just discovered. I didn't even know it existed until I received a coupon in the mail. We went last night and both agreed that we would be going again. I love that it's much healthier than ice cream, but it's just as delicious. You can choose 3 toppings, so I got strawberries, Oreos, and chocolate chips. Yum! Look online for a location near you. (I really should get paid for this.)


Ok, ok. So this one isn't new. I mentioned this last time I did a "favorite things" post. However, I thought they were worth mentioning again. Joe-Joe's. I may or may not be eating some as I make this post. Healthier than regular Oreos (or Golden Oreos, in this case) and cheaper too, I think! You can find them at Trader Joe's. Hence the name. :)



Pandora Radio. I have LOVED having this on during the day, listening to Praise and Worship music. I have even seen my kids dancing to it while playing. :) The best part - it's free! You can choose stations that only play the kind of music you like. For example, my favorite is "Bebo Norman Radio". It doesn't just play Bebo Norman, but also music that is similar to his. It won't play anything that resembles country, rap, etc. You get the idea. I love how you can customize it to make it play only music you like. Pandora.com

2 comments:

becca Simmons said...

So, last year, especially when AK and MK were still really young, at the end of the day while waiting for Mary-Kathryn to come home, I had my pandora set to Bebo Norman Radio. Some times I would switch to Disney radio and it would put me in a more playful and happy mood. Can't help but be encouraged by Bebo and etc, and can't help but smile bigger when Mary Poppins is singing in the background.

PS. Quite impressed by the new look!

lee and hannah said...

so funny that you posted this--i was just about to do another one, myself!! :) we've been hooked on "turkey hill" brand lemonade... DE-LISH!!