Don't worry, I didn't recently find out what gender our baby is. I did, however, recently see on a blog I follow where the mom-to-be figured out what her baby would be according to all the old wives tales out there. Hers was actually correct! Most of them said "girl", and it is a girl! I thought it would be fun to do the same thing. I obviously know that none of these have been proven to be true, but I thought we'd see what the old wives said this baby would be. :)
Carrying the baby high or low: I am carrying high in my opinion, so that would mean GIRL.
Heartrate: boys are under 140, girls are over. Our heartrate today at the doctor was near 160, which would mean GIRL.
Cravings: sweet is girl, sour/salty is boy. I have been craving both, so this doesn't tell me anything!
Morning sickness: being sick mostly in the morning (what I did indeed have) means GIRL.
Position of pillow: North is boy, south is girl. What does this even mean?
If you spouse puts on weight along with you, it will be a girl. I don't think my hubby has changed at all, so this doesn't tell me anything either!
Feet: colder than normal means boy. My feet haven't changed, so I guess this would mean GIRL.
Urine: bright yellow means boy. I think mine varies, so no help here. (TMI, sorry!)
If your nose is spreading during pregnancy it's a boy, if it stays the same its a girl. Mine has stayed the same, so that would mean GIRL.
If your tummy looks like a basketball its a boy, if its like a watermelon its a girl. I think mine is more basketball-like, which would mean BOY.
Craving fruit is a girl, craving meat is a boy. I have definitely been craving fruit and definitely not craving meat, so that would mean GIRL.
If you have scrawny hair its a girl, luscious-looking hair is a boy. I have plenty of hair, so I think that would mean BOY.
So, according to these old wives tales, GIRL wins by far! Which probably means its a boy. Ha! It will be fun to see if these prove to be correct or incorrect after we eventually find out what we are having. Only 10 weeks to go!
3 comments:
Love this. Cute wives tales, I have never heard of a lot of these!
I know a lot of girls say that they determine the gender on when they conceived...early in the ovulation cycle is a girl, late is a boy.
Just throwing that out there too ;)
The suspense is killing me! I still say, in 5 weeks, I find out. Then (based on chinese charts) we will know you are having the opposite. haha! So many trustworthy methods, haha!
I saw you from down the hall this morning with your back turned toward me and I thought: "she looks so great, she doesn't even look pregnant from the back." If you can be this prego in the month of August and look that good, you're amazing! :)
Post a Comment