Today was Camden's first day of first grade!!! I can't believe it's already here. This summer really flew by for me. I'll be honest and say that the last 2-3 weeks before school started were long and tough for me, and that's when I started to feel "ready" for school to start back. As much as my boys love each other, there was plenty of screaming, tattle-telling, and getting on each other's nerves. Add a pregnant and exhausted mama to the mix, and that's when I started really counting down the days till school. Of course now that it's here, I'm sad that the boys don't have each other to play with as much, and that we can't spend all morning at the pool together. However, I know next summer will come before I know it... and the kids LOVE school so much, so I think everyone is going to have a great year. Anderson starts preschool on the 7th, so I've got a couple more weeks of just he and I before he's gone 3 mornings a week. He keeps asking when he's going to school, too. I know he's ready! Especially now that his playmate is gone.
Camden was so excited about going to school this morning! I started off the morning by singing "happy first day of first grade to you!" as he came down the stairs. Cheesy, but it made him smile and get all giddy. He enjoyed a nutritious pop-tart breakfast (I would have made him something a little heartier if our fridge and pantry weren't completely empty) and then off to school we went! I asked him if he was sure he could get to his new classroom by himself, and he responded, "oh yeah". We met his teacher and visited his classroom earlier this week, and there are 5 kids in his class that he knows! Three from his kindergarten class, one from preschool, and the daughter of his kindergarten teacher is in there, too. I was so happy that he would have some familiar faces to make the first day a little less daunting. Not that it would have been daunting for him, but it at least makes me feel better. :) Last year I let Camden buy his lunch at school once a week, as a special treat. He loves to buy lunch, so I decided to let him buy it today for his first day. On the menu was chicken nuggets, broccoli, pineapple and milk (he always chooses chocolate). I think he was most excited about the broccoli... strange kid. I go pick him up in less than 2 hours now, and I can't wait to hear all about his first day! I can't believe how big my boy is getting... but I am just enjoying these stages so much.
4 comments:
Love that kid! I hope he keeps this drive for school. And, I love all those poses!! What a cute, fun kid! (no wonder AK thinks he can do no wrong :)
so fun...love all his poses! And love his cool new shoes, all the kids are gonna want them now!!
These pictures just make me laugh :)
Somebody looks like they were excited to be going back to school! =)
Post a Comment