10.25.2011

evelyn's first two days - in pictures

Here are some pictures from our hospital stay.

Evelyn getting all cleaned and checked out by the nurse.

7 lbs. 11 oz! The nurse who helped deliver her said she thought she felt like an 8 lb. baby. She was shocked to see she weighed only this much!

My first phone call to my sister to let her know she has a new NIECE!

First picture of me with my daughter. Still sounds strange to say. I think all my tears had dried up at this point. :) (I cry like crazy when my babies are born.)

blurry but precious foot!



Anderson meeting his little sister for the first time. He was so excited about her. I had to give him many talks about being gentle and where he can and can't touch her. He loves to kiss her cheeks and head. Precious.

Love his face!

Opa & Evelyn

Oma & Evelyn

Anderson thought her tiny feet were so cute!

And then he wanted to rub them on his face. Whatever floats your boat buddy!


Evelyn with her biggest brother. These two are going to be quite the pair. I love the age difference between them... almost 7 years. Though they might not play together a whole lot when E is young, I know their relationship will just be precious. Camden will be headed off to college when Evelyn is in middle school. She's going to think he's the coolest thing that ever walked the planet.

Most of you probably already saw this on facebook, but here it is again - the picture that sums up our life right now. ;)

I LOVE my husband with his baby girl. He is so sweet with her and it just melts my heart completely. I think she is quite fond of him, too!



All dressed and ready to go home!


David got comfy in my bed while I got showered and dressed, and the nurses would laugh every time they walked in to see a man in the hospital bed, in the maternity ward.



Time to go home!! It was bittersweet for us... we were ready to take her home and start our new life with her, but we also loved the laziness of the hospital and being waited on by the staff! We love our home, but there are lots of responsibilities there!



My sweet friend Emily M. decorated our porch for us with this PINK ribbon and cute sign.

Welcome home, sweet girl. It's crazy here, but I think you'll like it.

5 comments:

becca Simmons said...

Love, love, love it! What a precious girl and a more wonderful family!

opaandoma said...

What a sweet story in pictures...we are so thankful and happy! Our family circle is growing larger. Thanks be to God!

Ashlee said...

Loved seeing your pictures and reading about Evelyn's birth story! I was thinking about the night we both told our bible study that we were pregnant! Seems like so long ago.

Jenn & David said...

beautiful little girl and such a proud family.

NoPermanentAddy said...

Love all those sweet photos! Congrats, again :)