9.10.2008

big brother class

Last weekend we all attended Camden's Big Brother class at Rex. It was so much fun, and I think Camden really enjoyed it. It was only an hour long, but the kids got to each hold a doll and pretend it was their little brother/sister. They taught the kids how to hold it correctly, showed them how to change their diaper, and asked and answered lots of questions about babies and how they cry, eat, and sleep a lot. After that, they took us and the kids on a tour to see the rooms "where mommy will be when she has the baby". They also walked us by the nursery and the ladies in there brought the newborns up to the window so the big kids could see them up close. I think that was a real treat for many of the kids, since some of them had probably never seen a "new" baby before. Camden, however, has seen plenty in his lifetime...so I don't think it'll be too much of a shock for him. So, we have been reading Cam books about being a big brother, and how he has attended his class...so I think he's pretty much as prepared as he's going to get! I just can't wait for him to actually meet his new brother. :)

Camden and his baby. Don't worry, we did work on holding the baby...and we explained to him that his hands do not belong around the baby's neck. :)
Inspecting him.
Camden and the other kids on the floor learning all the essentials!

5 comments:

becca Simmons said...

I know Camden is going to be an awesome big brother! I can't wait to meet my new nephew and see them interact!

Anonymous said...

HAHA! that picture of him holding the baby around the neck is hilarious!!

emily bennett said...

that is the sweetest post- cam is so good with babies, i bet he showed all the other "big brothers" how to do it!

not too much longer!

Jenn & David said...

aww.. Camden is going to be such a great big brother! Those 2 boys are going to be precious together!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I burst out laughing at the picture of Camden holding the doll around the neck! So innocent and trying so hard to do it right. He will be a great brother to Anderson and his sister(s) :)