Yesterday was Camden's first day of preschool! I was going to get a picture of him in front of the school, but I got distracted by talking to another mom when I got there, so I never got that picture. So, this is the only one I have of him. And, he's not wearing a backpack because his teachers recommended a "tote bag" instead. So here he is getting ready to leave with his little lunch box in hand. Everyone is asking me how he did on his first day...well he did great, but it's sort of hard to really say because yesterday was only a half day...meaning he was only there for an hour and a half and only 7 out of the 14 kids were there at that time. I guess they just wanted to ease the kids in for their first day...so all they really did was have playtime and eat lunch. Tomorrow is his first FULL day (9-12:30), so I think I'll have a better answer as to what his first real preschool experience was really like. I'll update after that. So, you are probably wondering what I did for my first chunk of free time while he was gone? Well, I came home, made myself lunch, and sat my bottom in front of the TV and watched The View. I never watch this show, but they happened to be talking about Sarah Palin so it caught my attention. As I was sitting there eating my lunch, I thought to myself..."how nice it is to sit here, eat my lunch in peace, while listening to just pure adult conversation." As you moms know, this does not happen too often. Especially moms who have children that talk and make noise CONSTANTLY. I think I am really going to enjoy some of this free time before baby comes. I think Camden is going to LOVE going to school and doing so many different things there. So far, so good! :)
9.04.2008
my little preschooler!
Yesterday was Camden's first day of preschool! I was going to get a picture of him in front of the school, but I got distracted by talking to another mom when I got there, so I never got that picture. So, this is the only one I have of him. And, he's not wearing a backpack because his teachers recommended a "tote bag" instead. So here he is getting ready to leave with his little lunch box in hand. Everyone is asking me how he did on his first day...well he did great, but it's sort of hard to really say because yesterday was only a half day...meaning he was only there for an hour and a half and only 7 out of the 14 kids were there at that time. I guess they just wanted to ease the kids in for their first day...so all they really did was have playtime and eat lunch. Tomorrow is his first FULL day (9-12:30), so I think I'll have a better answer as to what his first real preschool experience was really like. I'll update after that. So, you are probably wondering what I did for my first chunk of free time while he was gone? Well, I came home, made myself lunch, and sat my bottom in front of the TV and watched The View. I never watch this show, but they happened to be talking about Sarah Palin so it caught my attention. As I was sitting there eating my lunch, I thought to myself..."how nice it is to sit here, eat my lunch in peace, while listening to just pure adult conversation." As you moms know, this does not happen too often. Especially moms who have children that talk and make noise CONSTANTLY. I think I am really going to enjoy some of this free time before baby comes. I think Camden is going to LOVE going to school and doing so many different things there. So far, so good! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I use to watch The View and eat lunch when Jonah slept at 11am and all the time. :)
Post a Comment