11.29.2010

thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! I love living close to family, so we can spend holidays with them. We had lots of great food and ate way too much, as usual. But what would thanksgiving be without having to unbutton your pants after eating?!

We started the morning with the Christmas parade. I love watching this on TV every year!

Camden got up and picked out his Thanksgiving outfit all by himself. I LOVED it! Gotta love the white t-shirt under the blazer with the tie. :) He wore it all day!

My daddy carving the turkey with his electric knife. I don't know why but it made me laugh so hard to watch him do this!

The food! Country ham, yeast rolls, turkey, best sweet potatoes EVER, corn on the cob...

Green bean casserole, dressing, cranberry sauce, pickles and not pictured... apples with yummy dip, chocolate/pecan pie, baklava, and pumpkin crisp. It was all AMAZING! We've been eating leftovers for the last 4 days and every bite was as good as it was the first day!

Anderson loved holding the little corn on the cob holders. Don't be fooled by this picture... I think he may have taken one bite of all this food on his plate, and then was begging to "get down". Fantastic.

I made Wassail in the afternoon during the kids' naps. It was so yummy! Apparently I got a little too excited with the sugar... whoops!

Opa, Uncle Will and Camden worked hard on putting together a puzzle.

Uncle David and Anna-Kate had some bonding time. :)

Getting ready for bed after a long, but fun day. I hope your Thanksgiving was just as wonderful!

2 comments:

emily bennett said...

love the picture of db and ak, and the one of your dad and anderson!

love it

becca Simmons said...

I am thankful for that family of yours too! ;) Looking forward to many more holidays!