10.09.2009

great encouragement

I got this from Allison's blog (one of my blogging role models... even though she doesn't know it), and I wanted to share it with the rest of you! This is great encouragement for us mothers who feel like we're doing the "same thing, all day every day."

"I know that some jobs don't really count, don't make much of a
difference, don't actually matter that much, don't have much lasting
significance. Not so with mothering. I know that in some jobs the
worker is only handling cleaning equipment, or car parts, or computer
keyboards, or insurance policies, or court cases, or political
legislation, or stockholders' funds. Not so with mothering. A mother
is handling things of a far greater magnitude. She's handling
never-dying souls. She's daily conducting heart surgery on eternal
spirits whose forever destinies are influenced most profoundly by the
hands that rock their cradles, wipe their noses, spank their fannies,
open their Bibles, prepare their after-school snacks, and turn off
their bedroom lights. Those motherly hands are molding characters
which will become men and women who will turn the world upside down
either for good or for evil. Now that's a job that counts."

From
Womanly Dominion- More than a Gentle and Quiet Spirit by Mark Chanski

1 comment:

Allison said...

Haha! You are so funny!
I'm so glad you found that quote to be encouraging too!