4.22.2010

18 months?!?!

A year and a half old... I can hardly believe it. I think I say this about several ages, but I truly mean it when I say that 18 months might be my favorite age. Fun, talkative, playful... but not yet too deceitful. :) I'm trying to enjoy the last couple of months of pure innocence before we have to get hot and heavy with discipline. It's bound to happen eventually, right?

Anderson's stats at 18 months:
Weight: 22.4 lbs (10%)
Height: 31 in (20%)

He continues to stay in the low percentiles (still so weird to us since Camden never was!) but the doctor assures us he's growing steadily and that it doesn't mean he's going to be a shrimp when he grows up. :)

What's he up to these days?
  • Naps have gotten better in the last couple of months... they have been consistently 2 to 2.5 hours each time.
  • Just this last week, eating has gotten a lot better too. I am hoping this lasts... because it is such a relief! He went from eating literally one bite at mealtime to now eating several bites of several different things. His favorite foods are pretzels, apples, blueberries, cheese, butter beans, raisins, waffles, grapes, and more I'm probably leaving out.
  • I've mentioned before that he's our little social butterfly. He's always saying "hi" or "bye bye" to people he sees and will run into a room full blast shouting "hiii!!!". It's so fun to watch!
  • Language has really taken off lately. I have no clue how many words he's saying, but it's too many to count. He can do pretty much whatever I ask him to do, following simple directions. He has recently started saying "thank you" occasionally without me asking him to, which has been a delight. He says lots of 2-word phrases such as "bye bye daddy", "uh oh doggie", and "night night mama".
  • He can go up and down the stairs by himself. We've recently removed the gate from the bottom of our stairs.
  • He is 18 months going on 5 years old... seriously. He thinks he can do whatever Camden does, and certainly tries to.
  • He is SO into cars, trucks, planes and trains. He has recently started enjoying watching "Thomas", which Camden never cared for. I will say, "Anderson, do you want to watch Thomas?" and he'll RUN to the TV yelling "Mhomas!!! Mhomas!!!". So cute!
Is that everything? I know there's probably so much more to record... but that's all I can think of at the moment. I love to make these posts because I think its so fun to go back and look how my boys have changed over the years. I've been lazy with doing anything in the baby book, so it's a good thing I have all the info on the blog. :) I probably should have it recorded in the book though, just in case. I can't believe we'll be celebrating the boys' 2nd and 6th birthdays this fall. CRAZY!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenn & David said...

I just love all the updates!! Can't believe how much our boys are changing.