4.22.2010

dear blog readers,

Please forgive me for changing my blog background like every 5 minutes. I have yet to find the perfect background that I just love and want to keep for a long time. I have searched and searched, but continue to find ones that are just "ok". Because I have boys, should I feel obligated to have a blog look that represents my life with boys? Or am I allowed to go all out and have a completely girly looking blog? I would love some feedback and opinions. Again, I appreciate your patience while I try to make my blog better suit my taste. Y'all are the best.
Love,
Ashley

8 comments:

Tracey said...

My vote..choose the one you really like, then change it when you find something you like better.

No worries on the changing around..it's your blog, do with it what you want. I'll still visit...unless you decide to have a black background with bright yellow type..that would be too hard to read. :D

You have such a sweet family! Loved, loved the toasted girl card! :D

lee and hannah said...

i agree with tracy... i change mine all the time, too!! i wish i had more sources to find them other than shabbyblogs, hotbliggityblog, and thecutestblogontheblock... any suggestions?

...i seem to do pretty well finding ones that i like "ok"

Ed and Jamie said...

I think you should go with what you like I change mine once in awhile...well when I blog lol its been awhile. I do try to keep mine more on the masculine side with the boys but its totally up to you! =)

Steven & Kimberly said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog through another friend through Providences blog..and thought I'd give ya a link.

I've gotten quite a few blog templates off of this lady's blog site. She has some awesome blog templates and all are free. You can pay like $5 or $10 for a customized one if you want. Once you're on her page, scroll down and look on the far right side and there are a bunch of different categories you can go through :-)

http://lenatoewsdesigns.blogspot.com/

Love your blog, it's so encouraging!

becca Simmons said...

I agree that I can't find the perfect blog background. Some days I get stressed about it; then I laugh and realize that I must be spending too much time with this! hahaha I say find one that fits you; if it fits you, it will fit your family!

Steven & Kimberly said...

Haha, that's too funny! I read yours all time time, haha. So, i'm really detailed so I apologize in advance for how detailed this may be, haha :-)

Ok, so you after you click the "download now" and it downloads, go and check your download folder and see if you see the name of the template there. When you find the folder, double click on it to open it, you should see a text document (which will be the html code that you're going to download) and another text document that will be instructions. The 1st text doc. is usually the first doc. in the folder. What I have had to do, is click on the document that is the html one and right click copy. Then go back into your download folder and right click paste. Thta way the html for the template is extracted out of the folder. Then log into blogger and click on layout and then on edit html. Where it says "upload a file from your computer" click to browse and find your download folder and then find the html doc. for the template. Then you just hit upload :-)

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I'd copy all the links to your widgits if you're going to put them all back in by hand or you can click to not delete them and keep them b/c it should give you a choice.

Okay, this has been way too much info, sorry :-) Haha.

Steven & Kimberly said...

Oops, I mean the first document in the template folder should be the html :-)

Jenelle Leanne said...

I have no idea how to change up my blogspot designs other than by using the regular old templates they give you... I'm much better at customizing my xanga site, which may be why I haven't just switched everything over to blogspot and just keep my writing blog over there. :) I say go with whatever you like and switching it a lot keeps us readers on our toes... I doubt you're making anyone mad by doing so!! :) Thank you for always keeping your text easy to read!